Going on an East African safari for the first time can be a truly exciting, yet overwhelming experience, but working with a travel agent can make it easier. Here are 5 factors you must consider when searching for a travel specialist who can make your dream safari a reality.
In today’s digital age, the internet has changed the face of the travel industry. More and more people are booking their flights online, arranging car hire, and booking hotel rooms over the internet.
However, booking an East African safari is not nearly as straightforward. Not only will you have to book your overseas flight, but you’ll also have to create an itinerary from scratch, choose from a myriad of hotels, lodges, and camps, and navigate a foreign country.
5 Factors to Consider When Choosing a Travel Agent
The last thing you want is for the stress of planning your African safari to overtake the initial wanderlust that inspired your vacation, and working with a professional travel agent can ease the pressure and make the entire process more enjoyable.
However, before choosing just any travel agent, here are 5 factors you should consider:
- Your Travel Agent Should Have Expertise Based on Personal Travel: One of the reasons to use a travel agent for your safari is to receive expert advice. Ideally, your travel agent should make recommendations based on actual travel experience, not on what you can read in a brochure. Tip: Ask about client reviews as this will give you a better idea of your travel agent’s efficiency and expertise.
- They Have a Tried and Tested Network of Suppliers. A good travel agent will offer a thoughtfully curated list of specific suppliers, hotels, and lodges that he/she trusts to meet your unique expectations.
- They Give You a Tailored-Made Itinerary. The first thing a travel agent should ask is about your needs, budget, and preferences. This will help them refine their recommendations and create a customized itinerary for you. Tip: A great travel agent will always go the extra mile to make your safari exactly right for you.
- Your Travel Agent Will Give You The Best Value at a Fair Price. If a travel agent tries to push you into booking a very cheap deal, then stay away: that has more to do with their sales target, and not your vacation. A great agent will advise you on where to save and where to splurge to get the most out of your travel budget.
- You’ll Get 24/7 Support. Your travel agent’s job doesn’t finish just because you’ve paid them. A truly great agent will support you from the moment you leave your home until you return, safe and happy. This is especially important if you’re traveling to a complex destination such as East Africa.
Book Your Dream Safari Today
At Let’s Go Travel, we have a team of experienced, friendly, and caring travel agents who work tirelessly around the clock to help you plan the perfect safari holiday. To begin creating your personalized itinerary, contact us today at +254 722 331 899.