The spicy, exotic island of Zanzibar inspires wanderlust in many-a-tourist and with a cosmopolitan mix of cultures, rich history, palm-fringed beaches, and great diving/snorkeling opportunities, it lives up to its enchanting reputation.
scroll down to explore
Why You’ll Love Zanzibar
Popular as a post-safari choice, a Zanzibar holiday can also be a great stand-alone escape and is the quintessential destination that affords tourists a great mix of historical, cultural, exploratory, and relaxing opportunities.
Things you can see/do in Zanzibar
1. Visit Stone Town, the heart and soul of Zanzibar. An incredible mashup of winding alleys and old Arabic-style buildings, you’ll temporarily lose yourself in the town’s magic.
2. Tour the spice farms. Zanzibar is famous around the world for its spices and tourists have the chance to see how the spices are grown, as well as smell and taste them.
3. Snorkeling in Zanzibar is an experience of a lifetime. The many varieties of coral around the island are home to thousand of colorful and exotic creatures.
4. Visit Jozani Forest. A vast and scenic spread of green, Jozani is the last indigenous forest left on Zanzibar island.
5. Visit Prison Island, which provides a fascinating glimpse into the island’s dark past. Today it is used as a nature reserve for giant tortoises and a place to see the old prison ruins.
6. Eat at Forodhani Market, a spectacular night time market where you can find local produce as well as freshly grilled fish, meat, and vegetables.
Trustworthy and Sustainable Ecotourism
From initiatives such as the Zanzibar Forest Project and Dolphin and Marine Conservation, to encouraging local employment in hotels and as private guides, the tourism industry in Zanzibar is designed to have as small a negative impact on the environment as possible, and as positive an impact as possible on the local communities.
Looking for an inspiring, yet environmentally-conscious holiday experience unlike any other?
Our team can customize your Zanzibar itinerary around preferred locations that have hotels which follow the important principles of responsible tourism.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.