A Laikipia Safari For the Free-Spirited & Unconventional
scroll down to explore
Running from the rugged slopes of Mount Kenya is the dramatic Laikipia region. Comprised mostly of privately-owned ranches which have been combined by local communities to form vast conservancies, here you’ll find free ranging wildlife including lion, leopards and elephants. Renowned among them is Lewa Conservancy, part of the Mount Kenya World Heritage Site, which plays a critical role in sustaining endangered rhino, Grevy’s zebra, and Sitatunga.
Laikipia’s sparsely populated and wide open terrain lends itself perfectly to a remote and unconventional safari experience and is the perfect playground for visitors looking to feel the ground beneath their feet, walk in the wild, and spend time with the Samburu and Maasai people who call it home.
Top 5 Things to do in Liakipia
1. Visit the Ol Pejeta Conservancy, home to the largest black rhino sanctuary in East Africa, for a chance to pet and feed these incredible and endangered animals.
2. Hike to the world famous Thomson’s Falls a 243 foot scenic waterfall on the Ewaso Ng’iro river.
3. Mountain Biking is an excellent choice for the free-spirited adventurer, offering a unique way to explore Laikipia’s varied terrain and stunning flora and fauna.
4. River Rafting, for those who dare, allows visitors to experience rafting sections of the Ewaso Ng’iro and Ng’are Narok Rivers in an inflatable raft.
5. Spend the afternoon in a traditional Maasai Village, to see how the Maasai live, watch them dance, and view some of their beadwork.
Go Green With Let’s Go Travel
If you’re planning a trip to Kenya to see the spectacular wildlife, you want to make sure that your holiday doesn’t damage the very ecosystem you’ve come to admire. Many tourism venues within Laikipia canboast of projects that are at the forefront of sustainable tourism such as water management, fencing, and enterprise development, sensitively balancing luxury travel with environmental and community conservation.
Talk to one of our team members about how you can contribute to responsible travel
Build Your Own Laikipia Safari
At Let’s Go Travel, we can start with a blank slate and build a unique Laikipia safari that meets the needs and preferences of you and your traveling companions. Whether you want to design an entire safari itinerary from scratch, or slightly modify an existing one, we make sure all your desires are met!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.