Mount Kilimanjaro is East Africa’s Greatest Jewel
scroll down to explore
Whether you want to climb it, or simply gaze in awe at this extraordinary, snow-capped equatorial mountain, witnessing the grandeur of Mount Kilimanjaro is one of the greatest experiences of African travel. Owing to its great natural beauty, Kilimanjaro National Park was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1987.
Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro is undoubtedly the highlight of most visitors’ experiences in Tanzania, but there is so much more to this magnificent park than the summit of its mountain. Here, the cultivated footslopes give way to lush montane forest inhabited by elephant, the elusive leopard, and the endangered Abbott's Duiker, along with other small antelope and primates.
Top 5 Things to do in Mt. Kilimanjaro Park
1. Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. This is the crowning glory of all of Tanzania and will give you a once-in-a-lifetime view.
2. Visit Chala Crater Lake which, depending on the time of year you’re visiting, might be turquoise blue, midnight blue, or even a stunning emerald.
3. Discover the best of culture at Olpopongi, home to one of the most authentic Maasai experiences in all of East Africa.
4. Take a trip to Kikuletwa Hotsprings, where you can dip into the refreshing waters and afterwards enjoy a picnic in the shade of trees.
5. Go trout fishing while relaxing into the tranquility of the truly beautiful surroundings, watching birdlife and wildlife go by.
Go Green With Let’s Go Travel
Mt. Kilimanjaro is a world heritage site and proper management of its ecosystem is crucial because it’s a habitat for endangered and rare species. There are a number of lodges that are at the forefront of such protection efforts, taking initiatives including investing part of their revenues into conservation and contributing a portion of bed-night fees to the local surrounding communities, incentives for them to protect the very important wildlife and vegetation tourists come to see.
Talk to one of our team members about how you can contribute to responsible travel in Mt. Kilimanjaro
Create Your Very Own Mt. Kilimanjaro Experience
All of our East-African safaris are tailor-made to each guests’ specifications - so your visit to Mount Kilimanjaro will be uniquely suited to your special interests. Whether you want to design an entire itinerary from scratch, or slightly modify an existing one, we make sure all your desires and needs are met!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.