Soak in Uganda’s Scenic Beauty at Queen Elizabeth National Park
scroll down to explore
Queen Elizabeth National Park is one of Uganda’s oldest and most popular tourist destinations, well-known for being home to a huge variety of animal and bird species, including the fascinating tree-climbing lions of Ishasha.
Stretching from the crater-dotted foothills of the Rwenzori range in the North, along the shores of Lake Edward, to the remote Ishasha River in the south, Queen Elizabeth National Park is home to a remarkable variety of wildlife including lions, chimpanzees, Cape Buffalo and over 550 species of bird, the largest of any protected area in Africa.
Top 5 Things to do in Queen Elizabeth National Park
1. Take a Boat Cruise on the Kazinga Channel and enjoy the magnificent views of the prolific birdlife, hippos, and numerous Nile crocodiles.
2. Visit the historic cave at the Nyanz’ibiri community, where a local guide will explain how it was once used for offering sacrifices and as a hiding place during Idi Amin’s rule.
3. Stop at the Equator, which provides beautiful views for photos and is dotted with local craft and souvenir shops.
4. Step into the shoes of the local communities, where you’ll be able to enjoy traditional activities such as storytelling, basket-weaving, dance, music, and more!
5. Go on a game drive and enjoy the wide variety of wildlife including lions, leopards, giant forest, hog, as well as elephants.
Go Green With Let’s Go Travel
For the eco-conscious traveller, there are a number of lodges in Queen Elizabeth Park that are built upon ecological principles to minimize their impact on the environment, while also retaining a part of their income to support local community developments to ensure that the benefits of tourism are realized by all community members. /p>
Talk to one of our team members about how you can contribute to responsible travel in Queen Elizabeth National Park
Build Your Own Safari at Queen Elizabeth National Park
At Let’s Go Travel, our customizable Queen Elizabeth National Park itineraries offer the utmost personalization for your activities and a timetable based on your exact specifications. Whether you want to design an entire safari itinerary from scratch, or slightly modify an existing one, we ensure all your desires and needs are met!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.