Travel Off The Beaten Path and Head to Samburu!
scroll down to explore
Set in a rugged landscape, against the backdrop of jagged mountains, Samburu dares you to be bold and take the road less travelled to explore the natural and dramatic beauty of Northern Kenya’s arid savannahs.
Known as the Samburu 5, here you will find the Beisa Oryx, Grevy’s Zebra, Reticulated Giraffe, Gerenuk Antelope and Blue Necked Somali Ostrich - animals rarely witnessed in other parts of the country - making Samburu’s game viewing famously first class.
Top 5 Things to do in Samburu
1. Mingle with the Samburu people and discover their nomadic way of life by participating in their daily activities such as milking goats and making traditional ornaments.
2. Ride a camel along the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro Riverand into local villages. There is also an annual camel derby held midyear just outside of Maralal town.
3. Climb Mt. Ol Lolokwe. This five or more hour hike will reward you with unprecedented views of the county.
4. Go on a quad bike safari following century-old elephant routes for an unparalleled and unique travel experience.
5. Discover the rare Samburu Five species, and explore the county’s main wildlife sanctuaries that are Samburu National Reserve, Shaba and Buffalo Springs Reserves.
Go Green With Let’s Go Travel
There are a number of luxury tented camps and lodges in Samburu where conservation, community, and luxury tourism stand side by side. From operating in partnership with local communities, to only using renewable energy sources for their power and water needs, such lodges will ensure that your tourist dollars will be channeled back into preserving the great African wilderness for future generations.
Talk to one of our team members about how you can contribute to responsible travel
Build Your Own Samburu Adventure
All of our East-African safaris are tailor-made to each guests’ specifications - so your tour of Samburu will be uniquely suited to your special interests. Whether you want to design an entire itinerary from scratch, or slightly modify an existing one, we make sure all your desires and needs are met!