Witness One of Nature’s Greatest Spectacles
at Kenya’s Great Rift Valley
scroll down to explore
Breathtaking natural scenery combines with some of Africa’s most memorable wildlife at the Great Rift Valley, a highlight of any trip to Kenya. A remarkable geological feature, it is for the most part cool and calm, swathed in forest and watered by moody mineral lakes that blanch and blush with the movements of pelicans and flamingos.
Home to some of the most dramatic scenery on earth, the Great Rift Valley is made up of eight lakes (Turkana, Logipi, Baringo, Bogoria, Nakuru, Elementita, Naivasha, Magadi) which together form this extraordinary corner of the continent.
Top 5 Things to do at the Great Rift Valley Lakes
1. Visit Hells Gate and cycle past grazing zebras, giraffes, impalas and buffaloes, or you could hike the gorge or climb Fischer’s Tower.
2. Go on a bird walk. This is a good area for bird watchers due to a string of alkaline lakes which attract flamingoes, pelicans, and many other species to the scenic valley.
3. Stay a night in Lake Nakuru National Park and enjoy its lovely-fever tree lined lake shore and almost guaranteed rhino sightings.
4. Climb the extinct volcano of Mount Longonot for breathtaking views into its crater, or explore the fabulous caves of Mount Suswa, which has the third largest caldera in the world.
5. Be adventurous and fly by helicopter up the Suguta Valley, or visit the early man archaeological sites near Lake Turkana.
Go Green With Let’s Go Travel
Kenya’s wetlands and lakes of the Great Rift Valley are vital ecosystems that support some of the most beautiful and diverse avi-fauna species in the world. To help protect them, consider staying at some of the award-winning eco-lodges which provide luxurious facilities but with careful consideration of the environmental impact of their hospitality services, standing at the forefront of energy, waste, and water management.
Talk to one of our team members about how you can contribute to responsible travel
Explore the Wonders of the Rift Valley
With Let’s Go Travel, every visitor is guaranteed a personal and authentic East African experience. Whether you want to design an entire Rift Valley itinerary from scratch, or modify one of our existing ones, our team ensures that all your unique requirements and desires are met.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.