Walk With Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi Forest
scroll down to explore
A UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site, and known as Uganda’s ‘impenetrable forest’, Bwindi Forest lies on the edge of the Rift Valley and impresses visitors with a truly theatrical landscape of jagged valleys, waterfalls, lakes, and dramatic ranges. However, it’s best known for its elusive Mountain Gorilla population and opportunities to spend time with these rare and threatened animals.
Bwindi Forest is truly an awe-inspiring area, home to over 200 species of butterflies and 350 species of birds. In addition, you’ll discover many primates including chimpanzees, red colobus and blue monkeys, as well as L’Hoest’s monkeys. The forest also provides shelter to antelopes, elephants, and almost 400 species of plants.
Top 5 Things to do at Bwindi Forest
1. Gorilla Tracking. Getting up close and personal with the incredible Mountain Gorillas on a guided tour is definitely one of the highlights of a trip to Uganda.
2. Bird Watching. With over 350 species of birds in the forest, bird-lovers will be treated to sights of the Northern Double Collared Sunbird, the Shelley’s Crimsonwing, and the African Green Broadbill.
3. Take a Forest Walk to Waterfall Trail and see plenty of flora and fauna, black and white colobus monkeys, colorful butterflies, and other rewarding sights along the way!
4. Visit Lake Bunyonyi, a stunning stretch of water with 29 little islands dispersed throughout, overlooked by the Virunga Volcanoes.
5. Get the Batwa Experience. You can visit this interesting pygmy tribe and learn of their traditional ways of hunting and gathering.
Go Green With Let’s Go Travel
There are a number of lodges and initiatives in Bwindi National Park that are committed to preserving the highly-endangered Mountain Gorilla, protecting the area’s resources in their natural form for future generations, as well as improving the life of surrounding local communities.
Talk to one of our team members about how you can contribute to responsible travel at Bwindi National Park
Build Your Own Safari at Bwindi National Park
At Let’s Go Travel, our customizable Bwindi Forest itineraries offer the utmost personalization for your activities and a timetable based on your exact specifications. Whether you want to design an entire safari itinerary from scratch, or slightly modify an existing one, we ensure all your desires and needs are met!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.