Enjoy the Most Diverse Wilderness Experience at Lake Manyara
scroll down to explore
The spectacular Lake Manyara National Park is one of the smaller conservation areas in Tanzania that plunges dramatically from the Great Rift Valley to the soda lake on the valley floor. For those searching for a romantic and rural escape, a true African adventure awaits here hidden in the treetops of Tanzania.
Its diverse surroundings attract equally diverse species such as monkeys, antelope, hippos, crocodiles, giraffe, and a high density of elephants. Lake Manyara is particularly known for its tree-climbing lions, who may be seen sleeping off the heat of the day on a branch instead of on a shady spot on the ground like most lions in other parts of East Africa.
Top 5 Things to do in Manyara National Park
1. Go for a bicycle safari along the shores of Lake Manyara and you’ll be sure to spot amazing wildlife such as monkeys, zebras, wildebeest, and more!
2. Step foot onto the Lake Manyara Treetop Walkway, which gives you a thrilling, sky-high adventure straight through the lush forest.
3. Enjoy day and night game drives and witness in particular, Lake Manyara’s lions as they sleep during the day and prowl through the night.
4. Go canoeing as Lake Manyara is one of the few Tanzanian parks that allow this. Get up close and personal with the pink flamingos, as well as giraffes and elephants.
5. Get a taste of the indigenous cultural heritage by visiting the Maasai bomas where you can taste the local cuisine and get to understand the rich culture of Tanzania better.
Go Green With Let’s Go Travel
There are a number of eco-friendly lodges in Lake Manyara that make contributions to the local livelihood of the communities at Mto wa Mbu and work closely with organizations such as the WCST and Birdlife International to monitor and protect the vulnerable and endangered species of the national park.
Talk to one of our team members about how you can contribute to responsible travel in Lake Manyara National Park
Build Your Own Lake Manyara Experience
At Let’s Go Travel, our customizable Lake Manyara itineraries offer the utmost personalization for your activities and a timetable based on your exact specifications. Whether you want to design an entire safari itinerary from scratch, or slightly modify an existing one, we ensure all your desires and needs are met!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.