Come Touch The Sky on Mount Kenya
scroll down to explore
An ancient, extinct volcano, and the second highest mountain in Africa, Mount Kenya rises an impressive 5,199 metres or 17,058 feet above the sea level and is surrounded by breathtaking scenery. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Mount Kenya’s snow-capped summits and forested slopes easily stand as one of the most impressive landscapes in East Africa.
The UNESCO Site also includes the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy and Ngare Ndare Forest Reserve, which are connected by the traditional Elephant migration route, treating visitors to some major wildlife viewing including elephants, leopards, Sykes moneys, black rhinos, and hyenas.
So whether you opt for an easy climb, or a more technical ascent, this mountain offers stunning vistas and a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Top Highlights of Mount Kenya
1. Visitors can enjoy mountain climbing and camping with the mountain’s rugged glacier-clad peaks providing the perfect backdrop.
2. The lush forest has many good trails and the wide variety of unique plants and animals make for a truly fascinating trek.
3. The birdlife is very prolific. More than 130 species of birds have been recorded including the scarlet-tufted malachite, Mackinder’s eagle owl, Giant Kingfisher, Green Ibis, Ayer’s Hawk Eagle and the locally threatened Scarce Swift.
4. Trout Fishing in Lake Rotundu and wilder fishing on the mountain streams.
5. Wild animals can be seen including elephants, Olive Baboon, tree hyrax, white-tailed mongoose and genet cats. More elusive is the bongo, a rare type of forest antelope.
6. Flora and fauna attractions include pristine wilderness, glaciers, lakes, mineral springs, forest and falls.
Go Green With Let’s Go Travel
For the sustainable traveller, there are a number of high-end, low-impact lodges and eco-safari options in Mt. Kenya that help fund the preservation of land by offering protection for the wildlife through key anti-poaching initiatives, and support local communities by way of direct commerce and employment.
Talk to one of our team members about how you can contribute to responsible travel
Customised Mount Kenya Climbs
At Let’s Go Travel, your Mount Kenya itinerary can be customized for flexibility to fit your climbing experience, expectations and budget. Whether you select a pre-arranged tour or a tailored climb for your group, our team ensures all your needs and requirements are met.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.