With its tapestry of landscapes, excellent wildlife watching, and welcoming locals, Uganda’s scenic wonders are legendary. Over the past few years it has established itself as one of the safest and most exciting tourism destinations in East Africa.
scroll down to explore
Why You’ll Love Uganda
There are few countries in Africa that are as beautiful as Uganda and with its dense, misty forests, snow-peaked mountains, clear lakes, and sprawling savannahs, it’s no wonder that Winston Churchill dubbed this ‘The Pearl of Africa.’
Things you can only see/do in Uganda
1. Track chimpanzees in Kibale. Kibale National Park boasts the highest concentration of primates in Africa. Follow a troop of chimps as they swing through the forest, play in treetops, or feast on figs.
2. Raft the nile. Here you’ll have the unique opportunity to raft the source of the nile - a heart thumping ride over rapids with names such as Hair of the Dog and Bad Place.
3. Meet the Karamojong, a historically fierce tribe and get the chance to explore their traditional homestead and witness their cultural dancing.
4. Test your endurance by tackling the UNESCO World Heritage Listed Rwenzori Mountains, evocatively described as the ‘Mountains of the Moon’ and enjoy the stunning views from the top.
5. Cruise the Kazinga Channel and drift slowly past huge pods of hippos, while also enjoying close-up encounters with crocodiles and herds of elephants that often come down to drink and bathe in the shallows.
6. Track gorillas in Bwindi. One of the quintessential Uganda experiences is tracking mountain gorillas in Bwindi Forest and it’s a truly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see the immense silverbacks and playful youngsters as they play amongst the undergrowth.
Preserving Uganda’s Natural Beauty and Cultural Heritage
Uganda is one of the leading eco-tourism destinations in the world, and much effort has been made to protect the country’s natural resources for future generations, as well as improve the lives of the surrounding local communities.
Looking for an inspiring, yet environmentally-conscious safari experience unlike any other?
Our team can customize your Rwanda safari itinerary around preferred locations that have lodges which follow the important principles of responsible tourism.