Visit the Serengeti for East Africa’s Most Iconic Safari Adventure
scroll down to explore
Home to the legendary Great Wildebeest Migration, the Serengeti National Park takes its name from the Masai phrase meaning ‘endless plains’ due to its magnificent savanna, towering rocky hills, and seemingly unending skies. Due to this beauty and its spectacular great annual migration, the Serengeti was named one of UNESCO’s World Heritage sites in 1979.
Travellers will be treated to breathtaking sights of wildebeest, zebras, hyenas, lions, leopards, elephants, and hippos, but the Serengeti is as much a stunning landscape as it is a place to see Africa’s most iconic animals, making it an ongoing source of inspiration to writers, filmmakers, photographers, and wander-thirsty tourists across the globe.
Top 5 Things to do in Serengeti
1. Spend time on game drives as this park is particularly renown for its migrating wildebeest, its dense lion population, and good birding opportunities.
2. Visit a Masai Village to see a dancing ceremony, a traditional boma made of sticks, mud, and cow manure, as have the chance to purchase local beaded handicrafts.
3. Take a trip to the Moru Kopjes, huge granite rock formations that look like mini-mountains, providing spectacular beauty and excellent game viewing.
4. Witness the Great Migration, one of the world’s greatest spectacles as herds of over a million wildebeest, as well as zebras, eland, and gazelle go in search of fresh grazing.
5. View wildlife and nature on foot and appreciate the local plants, insects, smaller animals, and birds-up close rather than from a distance in a vehicle.
Go Green With Let’s Go Travel
Serengeti National Park is one of the most unique areas of the world and one of the last places in Africa in which large animal migrations still occur. As such, there are a number of eco-friendly lodges in the reserve that are making every effort to reduce their carbon footprint and conserve the precious wildlife, environment, and local culture by using solar energy, water boreholes, and eco-sensitive products.
Talk to one of our team members about how you can contribute to responsible travel in the Serengeti
Build Your Own Serengeti Safari
At Let’s Go Travel, our customizable Serengeti Safari itineraries offer the utmost personalization for your activities and a timetable based on your exact specifications. Whether you want to design an entire safari itinerary from scratch, or slightly modify an existing one, we ensure all your desires and needs are met!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.