Nairobi, East Africa’s Beating Heart
scroll down to explore
Considered one of Africa’s most dynamic cities, Nairobi is Kenya’s capital and a remarkable place to visit and explore. A city that never sleeps, Nairobi is thrumming with a boundless energy, quickly accelerating into an urban future, while still retaining a strong sense of its rich and complex past.
The only city in the world with a national park on its doorstep, Nairobi is the hub of East Africa and is packed with unique attractions.
Top 5 Things to do in Nairobi
1. Visit the National Park, which is just a short distance from the heart of the city. Inside can be found lions, leopards, cheetahs, zebras, giraffes and more!
2. Get close to and feed the protected and endangered Rothschild Giraffe with specially-made pellets from an elevated platform at the popular Giraffe Centre in Karen.
3. Take a trip to the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage where once a day visitors can see the elephant orphans being bottle fed and taken for a daily mud-bath.
4. Check out the open-air markets and marvel at the ingenuity of local artisans and their distinct brand of artefacts. You can also drive to the CBD, past parliament and the Kenyatta International Conference Centre and visit the great Museum of Natural History and Culture.
5. One Horizon tours will show you the positive side of Kenya by introducing you to people tourism.
Go Green With Let’s Go Travel
In Nairobi, embark on unique experiences that combine serious conservation with highly-enjoyable activities. From visiting the Giraffe Center which protects the highly endangered Rothschild giraffe, and adopting an orphaned elephant, you also have the opportunity to support local communities at the daily open air-markets, volunteer at a soup kitchen, or share your skills with various women empowerment groups.
Talk to one of our team members about how you can contribute to responsible travel
Nairobi is filled with fun and interesting activities for anyone to enjoy, from the breath-taking scenery and beautiful abundance of natural attractions, to the glitz and glamour of the modern city lifestyle. Whatever your preferences, our team can create customized tours to ensure that all your needs and unique desires are met!