Known as the ‘Land of a Thousand Hills’, Rwanda is an endless expanse of lush vegetation and mountainous terrain, quickly becoming an unmissable East African destination, highlighted especially for its incredible mountain gorilla safaris.
scroll down to explore
Why You’ll Love Rwanda
With a variety of spectacular natural wonders in Rwanda, it is almost impossible not to enjoy the adventurous and exhilarating vacation you’ve always desired. This East African country’s beauty is incomparable and has so many things to offer any tourist, from safari to lake and beach adventures.
But this breathtaking country also has so much more to offer!
Things you can see/do in Rwanda
1. Gorilla and Chimp Trekking in Rwanda is the ultimate adventure and allows you to trek through the dense, lush forest, and observe these magnificent primates in their natural habitat.
2. Enjoy Kibuye Town, which is located along the shores of Lake Kivu. Its scenic beauty is comprised of steep, forested slopes rising from sparking waters, and is the perfect place to unwind and relax.
3. Tour Rwanda’s capital, Kigali, also known as Rwanda’s intellectual capital, which will give you insight into pre-colonial lifestyles as well as Rwanda’s development into a modern African nation.
4. Visit the national museum in Butare, such as the Maasai, Samburu, El Molo, and many more through up-close and personal cultural tours.
5. Take the canopy walk in Nyungwe Forest National Park, where you will be over 100 feet above the forest floor, looking into the canopy and viewing primates and birds in a way you’ve never seen before.
6. Visit the Iby’Iwacu Cultural village and learn about traditional medicine, how to handle a bow and arrow, as well as the art of banana beer making.
The World’s Greatest Conservation Success Story
Rwanda’ conservation journey began more than a decade ago and has since progressed enormously. Famous for bringing back gorilla mountains from the brink of extinction, Rwanda boasts an exceptional record of protecting its ecosystems and the biodiversity within them, to the benefit of both the local communities and tourists alike.
Looking for an inspiring, yet environmentally-conscious safari experience unlike any other?
Our team can customize your Rwanda safari itinerary around preferred locations that have lodges which follow the important principles of responsible tourism.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.