Visit the Devil’s Cauldron at Murchison Falls National Park
scroll down to explore
Murchison Falls is Uganda’s oldest and largest conservation area. The park is named after the mighty Murchison Falls, where the Nile River is forced through a narrow, 8 meter wide gorge, known as the Devil’s Cauldron, giving rise to some of the most beautiful sights in the world. This is also an exceptional place to see wildlife and embark on a number of thrilling activities.
The park is endowed with several attractions and is home to four members of the Big Five (lions, leopards, elephants, and buffaloes), the world’s second largest reptile (the Nile Crocodile), as well as over 450 recorded bird species, including the rare shoebill stork.
Top 5 Things to do at Murchison Falls National Park
1. Go on a boat safari and enjoy spectacular sights of hippos, crocodiles, water monitors, as well as the other animals that gather along the river.
2. Spend a couple of hours with man’s closest living relative as you enjoy a guided walk in search of the habituated chimpanzee family that call the park home.
3. Enjoy the wildlife. Elephants, buffalo, lions, and leopards all reside in the park. Other special sightings include the Ugandan Kob, Jackson hartebeest and the Rothschild giraffe.
4. Indulge in some birding activities, and go in search of the elusive bird species such as the Paradise Flycatcher, Chocolate-backed Kingfisher, and prehistoric shoebill stork.
5. Visit Murchison Falls, one of the main attractions of the park, which offers magnificent views and sightings of several wildlife species including buffalos, hippos, crocodiles, waterbucks, and birds.
Go Green With Let’s Go Travel
There are a number of lodges at Murchison Falls National Park that are passionate about the protection of wildlife, expanding and restoring the natural habitat, and supporting biodiversity conservation, in an effort to preserve one of the largest and most beautiful rainforest locations in Uganda.
Talk to one of our team members about how you can contribute to responsible travel in Murchison National Falls
Build Your Own Safari at Murchison Falls National Park
At Let’s Go Travel, our customizable Murchison Falls National Park itineraries offer the utmost personalization for your activities and a timetable based on your exact specifications. Whether you want to design an entire safari itinerary from scratch, or modify an existing one, we ensure all your desires and needs are met!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.