A Plethora of Gems Waiting To Be Discovered
Travelling through Zimbabwe will take you on an exciting and unforgettable journey where you’ll be sure to spot the Big Five (lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and buffalo), discover World Heritage listed archaeological sites, and stand in awe of one of the most beautiful natural wonders of the world, Victoria Falls.
Top 5 Things To Do in Zimbabwe
Emerging from a period of uncertainty, Zimbabwe is now a safe and welcoming tourist destination that offers a plethora of gems ready to be explored. Here are the top 5 things you must do when in Zimbabwe:
1. Visit the national parks. Zimbabwe’s national parks are amongst the finest in Africa and offer something special: the remote and unspoilt feel of a truly exclusive safari experience without the hordes and crowds that are typical of other African parks.
2. Witness Victoria Falls, one of the natural wonders of the world and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Known as Mosi-oa-Tunya, ‘the smoke that thunders’, this should be on top of any Zimbabwean bucket list.
3. Learn about ancient civilisations at Matopos Hills, where some of the best preserved rock paintings in Africa can be found, as well as a selection of other artefacts dating to pre-middle stone age.
4. Witness the majestic beauty of five different UNESCO World Heritage Sites including Mana Pools National Park, Matobo National Park, Victoria Falls, Great Zimbabwe National Monument, and Khami Ruin.
5. Visit the capital city, Harare. Before rushing off to your safari, spend some time in Harare sampling its fine dining, museums, craft markets, and varied bars.
Best Time to Visit Zimbabwe
With mild temperatures, virtually no rain and low malaria risk, the dry winter season (May - October) is generally seen as the best time to visit Zimbabwe for game viewing.
● Victoria Falls. The best time to travel here is during the end of the summer rainy season when the falls are in full flood. (April and May give the most dramatic views)
● White water rafting: In the months of August - December, the volume and speed of the water is reduced and the rapids are more exposed.
Fully Customised and Eco-Friendly Holiday in Zimbabwe
The Let’s Go Travel team can customise your Zimbabwe holiday itinerary around preferred locations, and help you select hotels which follow the important principles of responsible tourism.
To learn more, contact us at +254 722331899 or fill in our online contact form.