The Many Faces of Turkey
Crystal clear waters, impressive mountains, small idyllic villages, the ruins of ancient empires, and sprawling cosmopolitan cities; the diverse features of Turkey are what make it so unique and it’s the main reason why the country has continued to attract millions of visitors from all across the world.
Top 5 Things To Do in Turkey
Turkey is a friendly, beautiful and culturally rich country where you can get good value for money. It’s impressively modern yet still steeped in rich and interesting traditions. Here are the top 5 things to do when visiting Turkey:
1. Visit the beaches. Turkey has some of the most beautiful beaches, with a spectrum that includes everything from secluded coves to exciting beach parties.
2. Explore the historical region of Cappadocia in Central Anatolia, part of the Goreme National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The unique cultural heritage and exceptional natural wonders shouldn’t be missed.
3. Visit the Aya Sofya Museum, renowned as one of the most beautiful buildings in the world, whose frescoed interior exemplifies incredible Byzantine and Islamic art.
4. Explore the mighty ruin of Ephesus, one of the most complete, still-standing Roman cities in the Mediterranean region and a great place to experience what life was like in the golden age of the Roman Empire.
5. Go off the beaten track and into Turkey’s hidden archaeological sites. From the ruined medieval Armenian city of Ani or the ancient King’s Tomb at Mount Nemrut, there is so much history to discover.
Best Time to Visit Turkey
Turkey experiences hot summers and cold winters, and snow is a common feature. The ideal time to visit is from April-May and September-November as temperatures are pleasant and skies are clear.
Fully Customised and Eco-Friendly Holiday in Turkey
The Let’s Go Travel team can customise your Turkey holiday itinerary around preferred locations, and help you select hotels which follow the important principles of responsible tourism.
To learn more, contact us at +254 722331899 or fill in our online contact form.