The Beauty of South Africa
From sandy beaches lapped by two oceans and star-studded desert skies, to glorious spots of natural beauty, rich history, and the truly one-of-a-kind black maned lions, South Africa is a country of astounding diversity, promising visitors across the globe an incredibly rich and adventurous holiday.
Top 5 Things To Do in South Africa
South Africa is one of the greatest places to visit because it combines astounding natural wonders with hip and vibrant cities to suit the tastes of all visitors. Here are the top 5 things to do when you’re in South Africa:
1. Get a cable car ride up Table Mountain. This is the most popular attraction in Cape Town, lifting you up to 1067m/3500 ft for panoramic views of the city. The more adventurous traveller can hike to the top.
2. Go on a wine tasting tour. Explore the vineyards, meet with the winemakers and have a nice dinner at the local restaurants with the impressive mountain range resting in the backdrop.
3. Go boldly down the Orange River - the longest river in the country and full of daredevil kayakers (although there are portions where it’s easy paddling for novices).
4. Visit Soweto, a sprawling, yet culturally significant district within Johannesburg and the birthplace of Nelson Mandela. His childhood brick home still stands, preserved as a museum.
5. Visit Kruger National Park, one of the world’s greatest wildlife-watching destinations. With miles of unspoilt beauty, this is the perfect destination for any nature lover in search of the true beauty of Africa.
Best Time to Visit South Africa
South Africa is a year-round destination due to its varying regional climates and wildlife opportunities.
● Summer Months (November - February) are the best time to visit The Cape as the weather is hot and dry.
● Cooler Winter Months (May - September) bring superb conditions for viewing big game.
Fully Customised and Eco-Friendly Holiday in South Africa
The Let’s Go Travel team can customise your South Africa holiday itinerary around preferred locations, and help you select hotels which follow the important principles of responsible tourism.
To learn more, contact us at +254 722331899 or fill in our online contact form.