scroll down to explore
Spend the day with a group of Kenyan children who, not so long ago, were living in fear on Nairobi’s streets, rummaging through garbage for scraps of food. Today, thanks to generous tourists such as yourself, they have a home and brighter futures, and love to welcome visitors with their infectious smiles and big hugs.
You’ll have the opportunity to share gifts with them - books, art supplies, games, or any other items you choose to bring - and become part of the One Horizon team as you help feed, educate, and play games with these incredible children. This promises to be a special day full of fun and laughter, and you’ll hear first-hand accounts of courage and determination that will touch your heart and change your perception of life forever.
1. On the way to the One Horizon Orphanage, take a few moments to enjoy the fascinating drive through local villages and enjoy the rare opportunity to connect with Kenya’s grassroots.
2. There’s always room for one more at our orphanage, and today that’s you! You’ll be greeted with big hugs and smiles by these wonderful children who love having guests in their home.
3. Share your gifts with the children and personally witness the sheer joy and excitement you have brought into their lives.
4. Spend the day as part of the team, whether it’s helping prepare the meals, joining our teachers in the classroom, leading an afternoon exercise class, or simply telling stories of your life back home - and receiving incredible tales of resilience and hope back.
5. Return from the One Orphanage and enjoy dinner at the famous Carnivore Restaurant.
Please contact us for more details.
The fee includes:
- Your personal contribution to our Children’s Centre’s needs in terms of food, education materials and health programs.
- Air conditioned hotel transfers – we’ll collect you at 9am from your hotel and drop you back at about 5pm. Along the way we’ll show you some amazing sights from the teaming masses of people trying to make a living as street vendors to communities that travellers rarely see.
- A light lunch.
- Unlimited fruit, tea, coffee and bottled water.