Glorious Beach Getaway
With long, stretching beaches, verdant forests, and imposing volcanic peaks, the island of Mauritius was made for romance and adventure. With its relaxing island vibes, plenty of history, culture, and buzzing nightlife, Mauritius offers tourists a wide variety of attractions for a full and authentic holiday experience.
Top 5 Things To Do in Mauritius
While the sparkling ocean and island vibes of Mauritius are alluring, there’s more to this tropical paradise than coconuts and snorkeling. Here are the top 5 attractions worth seeking out when you visit Mauritius:
1. Snorkel at Blue Bay, renowned for its remarkable coral garden, which harbors many species including butterfly fish, pendant coral fish, parrot fish and rainbow wrasse, providing tourists with views to a highly colored and splendid aquatic ballet.
2. Visit the idyllic town of Chamarel, which hosts sights of the Seven Colored Earth, dunes of volcanic earth that naturally take several shades, and the Chamarel Waterfalls.
3. Hike Le Morne Brabant Mountain, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with a dark history as a refuge for runaway slaves in the 18th century. An exceptional testimony to the resistance of slavery, this is not a site to be missed!
4. Immerse yourself in history at Eureka, Mauritius’ most iconic colonial mansion which demonstrates the impressive architectural prowess of the early 19th century and whose beauty has truly stood the test of time.
5. Go dolphin spotting at Tamarin Bay or Flic En Fac Beach. You’ll be taken out to the open sea at sunrise, where you can spot the dolphins and enjoy a refreshing swim with the magnificent creatures.
Best Time to Visit Mauritius
Just 20 degrees south of the equator, Mauritius offers tourists tropical sunshine throughout the year. The summer (October - March) is wetter than the winter months but if you’re looking to do some deep-sea fishing and scuba diving, then December - March is the best time to visit.
Fully Customised and Eco-Friendly Holiday in Mauritius
The Let’s Go Travel team can customise your Mauritius holiday itinerary around preferred locations, and help you select hotels which follow the important principles of responsible tourism.
To learn more, contact us at +254 722331899 or fill in our online contact form.