The Wild World of Madagascar
Madagascar is the world’s 4th largest island and is famous for its unique wildlife and biodiversity. Whether you’re looking for a travel adventure or family holiday, this vibrant African country offers breathtaking views of nature, white sand beaches, and stunning rainforest for a truly unforgettable and once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Top 5 Things To Do in Madagascar
Famously referred to as the world’s eighth continent, Madagascar boasts a distinctive ecology and is home to unique species of animals, such as lemurs, plus beaches and reefs. Here are 5 things to do in Madagascar:
1. Witness some truly incredible wildlife. TThe country’s hallmark animal is the lemur, a fun-loving and entertaining creature, but in Madagascar, you’ll also be able to meet a fossa, several species of shark, humpback whales, and much more!
2. Visit Isalo National Park, home to some of Madagascar’s most stunning scenery. It consists of eroded sandstone formations, deep canyons with riparian forests, palm lined oases and open grasslands.
3. Walk down the Avenue of Baobabs. The road lined with these awe-inspiring trees is truly one of the most iconic images of the country.
4. Unwind at Nosy Be, Madagascar’s quintessential tropical island paradise that offers miles of white sand beach, parties, and activities such as snorkeling, diving, fishing, and whale watching.
5. Go Whale Watching. Between June and November, Between June and November, more than 7000 humpback whales migrate from Antarctica to Madagascar to breed, providing tourists with some of the best whale watching opportunities in the world.
Best Time to Visit Madagascar
While Madagascar holidays can be enjoyed all year round, the wet season is from January-April, and often involves cyclones.
Depending on what you want to do, the best time to go is:
● July - September to see the humpback whales.
● October - November are excellent for baby lemurs.
● April avoids peak season and is ideal for lush landscapes, bounding lemurs, and quiet beaches and parks.
● September - December are the driest months and are great for beach holidays.
Fully Customised and Eco-Friendly Holiday in Madagascar
The Let’s Go Travel team can customise your Madagascar holiday itinerary around preferred locations, and help you select hotels which follow the important principles of responsible tourism.
To learn more, contact us at +254 722331899 or fill in our online contact form.