A Vibrant Country With a Rich History
Ethiopia is one of Africa’s most beautiful countries and its landscapes are epic in both scale and beauty. One of Africa’s most underrated wildlife destinations, this country is full of historic wonders, thrilling outdoor adventures, rich history, and soulful, incredible people who will offer you memories that will truly last a lifetime.
Top 5 Things To Do in Ethiopia
Ethiopia is like nowhere else on the planet; a beautiful country blessed with stunning landscapes, rich history, fabulous wildlife, and some of Africa’s most soulful people. Here are 5 things you must do when you’re in Ethiopia:
1. Visit the Rock-Cut Churches of Lalibela, a UNESCO World Heritage site and what is often considered the 8th wonder of the world. These 12th Century rock-cut churches are unique to Ethiopia and symbolise the country’s long history of Christianity.
2. Experience Ethio-Jazz in Addis Ababa. This is a fusion of traditional Ethiopian music combined with jazz, creating a unique sound that is best experienced in the buzzing bars of Addis Ababa.
3. Stand on top of the Simien Mountains. One of the few places in Africa that receives regular snowfall, these rugged peaks are home to bountiful wildlife, including the rare Siemen wolf.
4. Embark on a trip to the Danakil Depression. The hottest place on earth, bright green algae grows in the water and huge pillars of rock salt dot the landscape, giving the entire area an unforgettable and otherworldly feel.
5. From the enigmatic Seimen wolf to the sure-footed Walia Ibex, Gelada monkeys, Babille elephants and Hyenas of Harar, Ethiopia has quite a line-up of wildlife that could add a whole new dimension to your trip.
Best Time to Visit Ethiopia
In general, it is advised that you avoid the rainy season when travelling (June - August). The best time to visit would be from October - early June, when the temperatures are comfortable and there is no rain.
Fully Customised and Eco-Friendly Holiday in Ethiopia
The Let’s Go Travel team can customise your Ethiopia holiday itinerary around preferred locations, and help you select hotels which follow the important principles of responsible tourism.
To learn more, contact us at +254 722331899 or fill in our online contact form.