scroll down to explore
Today will be spent meeting a group of incredibly fascinating women. Whether you choose to share stories with them, impart skills, or bring along a gift such as a sewing machine, jewelry supplies, or other resources, you’ll get the unique chance to inspire and encourage these amazing individuals who are building new lives and brighter futures for themselves and their families.
Not long ago, these women were living on the street, with no resources and little hope. Today, they’re part of the One Horizon Vocational & Lifestyle Program, and have wonderful lives ahead of them. It promises to be a rewarding day that spans emotions from laughter and inspiration, to perhaps a quiet tear, but one thing is for sure: this life-changing moment for them will create everlasting and beautiful memories for you.
1. As you drive towards the Women’s Empowerment Centre, take a few moments to journey through the eclectic Ngong markets. Here you can buy anything you’ve ever imagined and a few things you never dreamed existed!
2. You’ll be welcomed at the centre with warm hugs and smiles, and you’ll have the chance to share your gifts with these wonderful women.
3. Enjoy a light lunch with the women you meet and bond with them over their life stories. Their tales of resilience and determination are sure to touch and inspire you!
4. You can choose to share your life experiences or professional skills with the women as they show you how they’re training to become seamstresses, jewelry makers, or start their very own business!
5. Return from the Women’s Empowerment Centre and enjoy dinner at the famous Carnivore Restaurant.
Please contact us for more details.
The fee includes:
- Your personal contribution of supplies for our Women’s Empowerment Centre to help women train in and launch their own small businesses.
- Air conditioned hotel transfers. We’ll collect you at 9am from your Nairobi hotel and drop you back at about 5pm. Along the way we’ll show you some amazing sights as we make a short stop at the electric Ngong Road markets and travel through communities that tourists rarely see.
- A light lunch
- Unlimited fruit, tea, coffee and bottled water